Google launched an Android Developer Challenge for Sub Saharan Africa http://goo.gl/vwc14
The Android Developer Challenge is designed to encourage the creation of cool and innovative Android mobile apps built by developers in Sub-Saharan Africa. Invent apps that delight users and you stand a chance to win an Android phone and $25,000 USD. To get started, choose from one of three defined eligible categories (see below), build an Android app in a team or by yourself, and submit it via the competition website by July 1st.
Developers submit their apps to one of three specially-designated ADC (Android Developer Challenge) categories beginning June 1st at 12 AM GMT. An application may only be submitted to a single category
- Entertainment / Media / Games
- Social Networking / Communication
- Productivity / Tools / Lifestyle
- April 14th: Competition opens
- June 1st: Submissions open.
- July 1st: First round submissions are due at 11:59 PM GMT.
- July 15th: Finalist applications announced.
- August 30th: Finalist applications are due at 11:59 PM GMT.
- September 12th: Winners are announced.
android/adcafrica/ for more information about the Android Developer Challenge.
Google Technology User Group Kampala shall have an interactive and fun filled launch event for the Android developer Challenge, where students, mobile developers, android fans, technology bloggers and anyone interested in ADC will be invited. The details about the launch event will be communicated soon.
Let us take on the Challenge Now.